Jordan has become a very popular destination during the last years, thanks to the nomination of the city of Petra as one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. However, Jordan cannot be summed up as just Petra! And if you are looking for top things to do while in Jordan, you found the right place
1. Spending a night in the Wadi Rum desert
There are several Bedouins camp in this desert. They will pick you up at the tourist center and drive you to the camp. If you are lucky enough, you will have the chance to have a wonderful view on the Milky Way and on the stars. The next day we went for a safari in the desert, which was amazing
2. Getting up at sunrise to go to Petra
We woke up quite early to be at this fabulous site as early as possible and it was the best decision we made. At that time, there are almost nobody so you can enjoy the site by yourself! However, be ready to walk a lot, Petra is huge!
3. Swimming in the Dead Sea and taking a mud bath
Who has never wondered what it feels to lay on your back without any effort? That’s what you can experience in the Dead Sea, and it is an amazing feeling!
4. Enjoying delicious traditional dishes (and getting fat)
The food you will find in Jordan is mostly inspired by Lebanese food which is excellent, so you will never get disappointed!
5. Touring in the desert of Wadi Rum in a 4×4 with a Bedouin
When booking for a night in the desert, the Bedouins also offer you to discover the desert, take this chance and go for it! You will feel that you are walking on another planet, most likely Mars.
6. Strolling through the ruins of Jerash, in the North of Amman
At about 1 hour drive for Amman, the capital of Jordan, you will find the old city of Jerash and its amazing ruins. If you like history, you should go there!
7. Climbing up to the Citadel of Amman
Up on a hill in Amman, you will find the Citadel, which will offer you a breathtaking 360° view of the city while exploring ruins.
8. Meeting camels in the middle of the road
If you choose to drive in Jordan, just be prepared to meet all kind of vehicle on the road 😉
- Jordan is relatively close to Europe which makes it a destination of choice for a long weekend!
You can swim in the Dead Sea for free at the ‘’Herodus Spring’’! You need to cross a broken fence and walk down for 300 meters to reach the beach. The must is that you can find mud to take a mud bath and a small waterfall of hot water to shower!
- Renting a car is a good way to explore Jordan however, you need to be ready to drive in an aggressive way! If you are not used to that kind of driving, you should consider public transportation.
- Before going to Jordan, you can buy the Jordan Pass, it includes: visa, the entrance fee for Petra, for Wadi Rum, Jerash, etc. The price varies according to the number of days you want to stay in Petra (from 99$ to 113$). With all these benefits, trust us, it pays for itself very quickly!
- Petra by night is a good way to experience Petra in a different way! The whole way down to the Treasury is lit by more than 1’500 candles, which makes it magical! However, it is very crowded and, in our opinion, not worth the price (24$).
We hope you will enjoy your trip to Jordan!
Marie & Karim
(If you liked this article or have any questions, please comment below! And make sure to follow our adventures on Instagram @InspiringExplorers